There are so many books about education and leadership. I myself have a bookshelf filled with tons of “must read” texts. My nightstand and the backseat of my car are filled with more.
Where do you start to get a foundation and learn shortcuts to success?
Summer break, a long weekend, and vacations are great times for. A little light or in this case heavy reading. It’s my favorite way to push my thinking and feel like a professional.
But what do you read and where do you start?
- Pedagogy of the Oppressed by Paulo Freire
- Courageous Conversations by Glenn Singleton
- Critical Pedagogy by Jeff Duncan Andrade
- Switch and Made to Stick by the Heath Brothers
- Start with the Why by Simon Sinek
- Little Bets by Peter Sims
- Shaping School Culture by Terrace Deal
- Culturally Responsive Teaching and the Brain by Zaretta Hammond
- Culturally and Linguistically Responsive Teaching by Sharroky Hollie
- For White Folks Who Teach in the Hood by Chris Emdin
Here are 2 fresh additions since this was first published:
What’s on your bookshelf or nightstand?