In this follow up course to our 2 Day Workshop, we support you with supporting, sustaining, and troubleshooting racial affinity groups in your school or organization.
Please note that the December 5th, May 22nd/29th or July 31st is a prerequisite
Rather than a “train the trainer” model, this course is designed for participants to expand their understanding of racial affinity work by engaging with one another in racial affinity groups. This will be an opportunity for participants to truly experience what it looks, sounds and feels like to engage in racial affinity work so that they can engage others in the work upon returning to their schools and organizations. Through monthly touch points, participants will have opportunities to participate in and facilitate racial affinity work while connecting and building relationships with other like-minded educators. Our goal is to set you up for beginning to support and sustain racial affinity work in your context.
Year-Long Follow-Up Course Outcomes:
- Receive support for launching racial affinity groups in their context by experiencing the work together;
- Review readings, research, and other resources to support racial affinity work in their context;
- Learn how to troubleshoot common pitfalls and dilemmas that go along with leading racial affinity work;
- Examine the relationship between racial identity, student outcomes and school transformation; and
- Develop next steps for laying the foundation for racial affinity spaces in their context.
- Classroom/School/District Leaders and/or Teams
- Anyone committed to engaging in critical reflection, inquiry and dialogue about race
You will be prompted to indicate your interest in joining this course when completing the May registration form. There is not a separate registration form for this course. Once we receive your registration for the May 2-day workshop, we will reach out to you regarding payment and other details for this follow-up course.
Dates/Times: August 2021 through May 2022
- 4th Tuesdays, 4-6pm Pacific Time
- $750.00 per participant ($600 per participant for teams of 5 or more)
- Special 50% discount for anyone who participated in the 5 month 2021 Cohort Course ($375/participant and $300 for teams of 5 or more)