What’s getting in the way of your school reform and closing the opportunity gap? White supremacy culture! Find out how you can incorporate antiracist teaching at my next 2 day virtual training, on July 18 & 19, 2020.
I have now offered my workshop 9 times to more than 1400 educators, (1000 on June 27th/28th) and folks keep asking if they can learn virtually. Now, you can! Everyone can’t make it to San Francisco or contract me to come to them, and by the way there’s a freaking PANDEMIC going on! So I have created a virtual worksop. Sign up to connect with like minded anti-racist educators who want to work to dismantle White Supremacy Culture in all our schools.
Black people are being murdered by the police, the corona virus is disproportionately affecting brown people, and even more inequities were exposed through “distance learning.”. The masses of people are starting to wake up the reality that oppressed people have know all along. The system is racist and it is broken. It will take us working together to start thinking about how to fix it.
This is not your mom’s mandatory online diversity training. Miss me with the boring powerpoints and superficial conversations. White fragiles and self-righteous folks of color are not allowed, but brave and vulnerable educators are mos def encouraged to apply. We all have work to do, me too.
I bet you are tired of talking all around the issue of racism but not going deeper than inclusion and cultural competence. We need tools to dismantle White Supremacy Culture in our classrooms, schools, and districts. In this online workshop, participants will build their racial literacy skills and prepare to bring similar work to their contexts.
We will use virtual discussions (in affinity, and across difference) as well as strategic planning to build antiracist schools. As a Middle School Principal, I will also share reflections, lessons learned, and possible pitfalls when leading this work in schools.
In this time of crisis, we need to blow up the whole educational system. It is time to redesign for antiracism.
Outcomes of the Workshop
- Build community with other folks taking up this deeper work
- Become more familiar with frameworks to explore/address WSC
- Discover how WSC impacts learning Distance Learning
- Share best practices for promoting antiracism
- Plan a multi-year approach to racial equity school transformation
- Teachers, Educators, and Leaders
- Highly effective for groups and teams from an organization
- People who are tired of superficial conversations about race
- Folks who are looking for strength in numbers
- Platform: Zoom conferencing
- Dates: Saturday, July 18th and Sunday July 19th, 2020
- Time: 9am-1:30pm Pacific Time on both days
- Cost: $200 US (20% discounts for groups of 3)
Reservations and Questions
Email: email@example.com for questions
Highlights from Past Participants
Testimonials from Past Participants
Discount if you Attend the Unpacking Whiteness Institute
Register here, and if you attended my June Conference, you can get a 10% discount!